A lot of the things that a lot of us can do is that the first thing we see in the morning as soon as we wake up is our smartphone, and the last thing we see just before we go to sleep, is again, our smartphone. Over time, these devices have become tools and even accessories that are too important in our lives.
These devices are incredible, since they serve as tools and have many functions that can help us and make life easier on a daily basis, as well as help us learn, entertain, stay connected with other people despite the distance and have access to a wide variety of content that we need at any time and in any place.
Now let’s see some of the advantages and also the disadvantages that we have when using any electronic device, especially a smartphone:
- As we mentioned before, smartphones, and also other electronic devices, allow us to have better communication despite the distance. We can always be in contact with loved ones, through calls, text messages or even images, shortening distances and expressing feelings and thoughts at any time and place.
- You can be sure of knowing exactly where you are, you can also consult routes, places, and find the best ways to get to a place you want, especially if it’s a place you don’t know.
- With a single touch or in less than a minute you can get others to listen to you, to know about you, your opinions and thoughts.
- You can find many sources of entertainment, for example, you can watch a series, a movie, watch videos, listen to music, or also play a variety of games, even you can read books, whatever you choose you can always have fun.
- You can also find out, read news, be aware of what is happening in your city, in your neighborhood, in your country and even in other countries of the world.
- Plus you can also work from your smartphone or electronic device, which is great.
- You can also have a social life and be available at all times.
- There are many applications with many purposes that can help you in many aspects of your life.
- There are customer service offers that you can take advantage of and that you can easily access.
- You can even eat with one click, you can order food from your favorite restaurant without leaving home.
- Accessing platforms such as your email or even your bank is much easier.
- Using a smartphone, being so aware of it, can cause many psychological problems, such as loneliness, being suspicious all the time, feeling self-centered, among other problems that can greatly affect you.
- Problems can even arise at bedtime, due to sleep deprivation, or physical problems, such as back or neck pain.
- There are many things that are not healthy online, and these things that are found on the Internet can affect the mental and even physical growth of a child, or an adult.
- Smartphone screens have an HEV light, in prolonged times of use, this light produces visual fatigue and can damage the retina.
- Also, due to the use of the Internet, smart phones and electronic devices have high electromagnetic radiation, which causes long-term health problems such as brain tumors and skin cancer in some people.
- Although it helps communication, at a certain point it also destroys it, since by spending so much time on the smartphone, you can lose contact with the people around you.
- There are many scams on the internet and you can lose money.
- There may also be leakage of personal information when using apps you don’t know about.
- It is dangerous when a person is addicted to watching videos, talking on the phone, or sending messages all the time, because doing these activities while driving, walking, or doing any other activity may result in an accident.
- Sometimes you can lose trust in people since you never know if they are telling you the truth or not through a screen.
- It is not a good alternative to depend on your smartphone, this causes addictions.
Despite the pros and cons, these depend on each one of us, and if we allow these types of tools to harm us. You should always be careful, and know very well what are the advantages and what are the disadvantages that can affect us.